Men don’t get a lot of compliments.
Though many of them would never say it out loud, the dads in your life would absolutely love a good, genuine compliment every now and then. It does wonders for anyone’s self esteem, especially when they’re not used to getting them.
So if you’re looking for some ideas, here are some fantastic compliments for dads that any dad would absolutely love to receive.
Compliments for a Dad’s Looks
Men almost NEVER receive compliments about their looks from anyone other than their mom, who will constantly tell them how handsome they are.
So if you really want to lift the Dad in your life up, give him a genuine compliment about his physical appearance. He will absolutely gobble it up!
Here are some ideas:
- You have such a contagious smile.
- I love your sense of style, you’re always looking sharp.
- You have gorgeous eyes.
- Have you been working out? You’re looking really fit.
- Your arms look amazing in that shirt.
- Your hair looks fantastic today, did you do something different?
Compliments on Humor
A rite of passage for any man becoming a dad is stepping up his humor game.
Or, stepping it down, depending on how you look at it. Yes, Dad Jokes are a thing, and we dads pride ourselves on being able to make the kids laugh and groan at the same time.
Here are some examples of compliments for a sense of humor.
- You always know how to make me laugh.
- You tell the best stories, you always keep us entertained!
- You’re the funniest person I know.
- I love your comedic timing, it’s a gift!
- You have such a unique sense of humor, I love how silly/twisted/dark/sarcastic you are!
- Your dad jokes aren’t embarrassing at all!
Compliments on Personality
That said, there’s more to us dads than just our good looks and our jokes!
We’d love a compliment on our personality every now and then. Here are some to get you started:
- You have such a kind and caring heart.
- You’re such a great listener.
- You give the best advice.
- I really admire how positive and optimistic you are.
- You have such good energy, you really brighten up a room.
- I love the way your brain works.
- You’re such an interesting person.
- You’re so smart, I love the way you think about the world.
Compliments on a Dad’s Parenting
Of course, one of the most important things to a dad is his kids. When someone tells us we’re doing a good job in that area of life, we absolutely light up.
Here are some good parenting compliments for a dad:
- It’s amazing how patient you are with the kids.
- I love how good of a role model you are.
- You’re so hands on with the kids. I wish more dads were like you.
- The kids absolutely adore you, anyone can see it.
- You’re so good at balancing fun and discipline, how do you do it?
- The kids are so lucky to have a dad like you.
Compliments on Being a Husband/Partner
Last but not least, we dads adore our spouses and partners. It’s really hard to balance being a dad with being a good husband, boyfriend, or partner, so it’s really nice to hear about when we’re doing a good job.
Try these compliments:
- You are such a hard worker and provider for our family.
- I love how handy you are and that you can fix anything!
- I appreciate how you always make time for me with how busy we are.
- Thank you for being so supportive and encouraging of me.
- You’re so sweet and romantic, I love that about you.
- I’m so lucky to have you, I love you.
If the dad in your life is doing a good job, tell him about it!
Chances are, he doesn’t get a whole lot of verbal praise and it will absolutely mean the world to him. Try it and you’ll see!
Hope this helps!